Google is constantly evolving Google My Business (GMB) to include more features. These features are critical in managing the online presence of your local business and also in ranking your local business on Google search results and Google maps. ABS has created a checklist of basic and advanced checkpoints to help to improve your local business listing on GMB.
If your an inter savvy business owner, you already know what Google my business is. But, if you don't know what GMB is, check out our post Google My Business - All You Need To Know.
- Create or claim your business
- Name Address & Phone number (NAP)
- Precise location marking on the map
- Business Description
- Working (open) hours
- Quality Images
- At least 10 reviews
- Business category
- Quality videos
- Consistent NAP with the website (name, address & phone number)
- Local landline number
- Active Q&A section
- GMB posts
- Additional business category
- Direct messaging activation
- Virtual tour
- Website builder
- Appointment URL
- Add services
- Add special hours (for holidays)
- Use GMB Insights to optimize your listing.
- Integrate Google Analytics with GMB to get even more data.
- Add Booking option (If applicable)
- Track your GMB activity on GMB app
- Regularly monitor Q&A and provide valuable information to your customers.
- Reply to reviews on GMB to increase trust.
Hope GMB checklist helps you improve your GMB listing and drive more free leads to your business. Let us know in the comments below how many critical points were missing in your listing and how this checklist has helped your business.