Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
In simple words - Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing your online content so that a search engine likes to show it as a top result for searches of a certain keyword.
10 simple yet powerful SEO tips:
- Speed up your website load time
- Include links to other relevant websites on your web pages
- Write quality content that is easily understandable
- Get more quality backlinks from relevant websites to your website
- Leverage analytics data to improve your SEO
- Write simple meta description for search results
- Use descriptive URL’s
- Improve your social presence
- Leverage image SEO
- Publish quality content consistently
Search Engine Marketing:
Search engine marketing is a form of Internet marketing that involved the promotion of websites by increasing their visibility in search engine results pages (SERPS) through optimization and advertising.” SEM includes SEO tactics, as well as several other search marketing tactics.
Most common and efficient SEM tool as Google Adwords.
Keywords are ideas and topics that define what your content is about. In terms of SEO, they're the words and phrases that searchers enter into search engines, also called "search queries." If you boil everything on your page — all the images, video, copy, etc. — down to simple words and phrases, those are your primary keywords.
Steps involved in keywords research:
- Make a list of important, relevant topics based on what you know about your business.
- Fill in those topic buckets with keywords.
- Research related search terms.
- Check for a mix of head terms and long-tail keywords in each bucket.
- See how competitors are ranking for these keywords.
- Use the Google AdWords Keyword Planner to cut down your keyword list.
Image SEO is the process of optimizing images on your website to improve image search results.
Image SEO tips:
- Use unique images that are page-relevant
- Use the highest quality format possible
- Reduce the size of your image file
- Organize multiple images for optimum viewing
- Include a concise caption with your image
- Utilize the “Alt Text” to maximize accessibility (very important
Local SEO is an effective way to market your business online. It helps businesses promote their products and services to local customers at the exact time they're looking for them.
Quick tips to improve your Local SEO:
- Add a long, unique description that’s formatted correctly and includes links.
- Choose the correct categories for your business.
- Upload as many photos as possible. (without spamming)
- Add a local phone number to your listing.
- Add your business address that’s consistent with that on your website and local directories.
- Upload a high-resolution profile image and cover photo.
- Add your opening times/days
- Get real reviews from customers.